Web Design Facts Attracting People To Your Website Smooth And Subtle Considerations To Start Your Hosting Services Invention Faq Answers About Marketing Your Invention
Fact 1:We can’t deny the fact that when browsers enter a site, they look for something that is relevant to their needs. If they ended in a particular site through advertisements, then they would expect to see something related to that ad.
Fact 2:On the other hand, when a search engine scans a site’s contents, it looks for contents which are useful enough for other sites to reference.It expects to locate a content that is consistent with the keywords.
Fact 3:Moreover, visitors who go to a shopping cart would expect to find photos with high quality, a variety of applicable views and lastly, a concise and clear description and costs. They also expect that the cart should work in all types of browsers.
But sad to say, some viewers do not find what they need in a website or sometimes they have a hard time going around the site. The following things should make you aware on the things why web sites fail.
One fact that web designers must know is that people wouldn’t enter your site unless they know their way around it.
Due to this concern, web designers must take into consideration that they need to conceptualize user friendly and easy to understand websites. For most customers or viewers, very extravagant design won’t matter as long as they don’t get lost in your site.
Your competitors are just a click away
When designing your web site, think very carefully on things that could give you a plus over your competitors. Think of the things that you can offer your customers in order for them to stay on your site and choose you above all else.
People hate slow websites
Designers must understand that searchers can be very impatient when surfing through sites in the Internet. Therefore, designers must find a way to minimize the slowness of websites and at the same time offer viewers with quality contents.
Searchers look for relevant information
Dr. Jim Jansen of Penn State’s School of Information Sciences and Technology said, “A web site has to be relevant to a searchers needs. Otherwise, by the time three minutes have elapsed, 40 percent of searchers will have moved on. While some may have found what they wanted, others may simply have given up and move to a different site.” When designing web pages, designers can’t help but become graphic artists with the aim to make your site look great but sometimes lacking in information. Therefore, remember that while it is important to make your site attractive, it is equally important to place in your site the information that visitors need.
Sites should have clear abstracts
The first thing that appears on the result page as an answer to a search engine query is the site’s abstract. The abstract explains everything about your site. According to a study done by Penn State, more users or searchers can be drawn to a site with the use of an abstract. That is if the abstract is informative enough and gives relevant and enticing information about the site. Dr. Jim Jansen said, “For site developers, if you want to be looked at, it is absolutely critical that the abstract be crystal clear about the purpose of your Web site.”
10 Cool Ways To Attract People To Your Web Site
1. Give people a free subscription to your e-zine. Almost everyone is publishing a e-zine nowadays so it’s important to give something extra with the free subscription. You could offer a free gift or advertising when people subscribe.
2. Provide your visitors with free content. Your content will be more attractive to your visitors if it’s up-to-date or original. You could also offer people the option to reprint the content in their e-zine or web site.
3. Offer a free online directory. The directory could be full of interesting ebooks, e-zines, web sites etc. If people find your directory to be a valuable resource they will visit it over and over.
4. Give your visitors a free ebook. You could also include your own ad in the ebook and allow other people to give it away. If you don’t want to take the time to write one, you could ask other writers permission to use their articles.
5. Offer free online classes or seminars. They could be held in your web site’s chat room. The idea of “live” information will definitely entice people to visit your web site. You will become known as an expert on the topic.
6. Give visitors a free entry into your contest or sweepstakes. The prizes should be something of interest or value to your visitors. Most people who enter will continually revisit your web site to get the results.
7. Let visitors download free software. It could be freeware, shareware, demos etc. You could even turn part of your site into a free software directory. If you created the software, include your ad inside and let other people give it away.
8. Offer free online services or utilities from your web site. They could be search engine submitting, copy writing proofreading etc. The service or utility should be helpful to your target audience.
9. Give free consulting to people who visit your web site. You could offer your knowledge via e-mail or by telephone. People will consider this a huge value because consulting fees can be very expensive.
10. Give your visitors a free membership to your online club. People want to belong to something, why not your online club. You could also give away a free e-zine for club members only.
Offering a web hosting service is quite popular these days. The reason behind this popularity is simple. As the need of introducing your self on internet have really increased, so, people have no choice but to comply with these requirements. However, if you are looking to start your site offering web hosting services, then, you must consider few things before seriously getting into the business.
First of all, you must keep yourself prepare for some of the unexpected situations as there is a huge competition pertaining to web hosting. The competition that you will come across is more like a battle royal. So, if you want to survive in this business, you need something that can be related to you only. There should be some offers that would separate you from the rest. The best thing that will really help you to get into this business and understanding the working is by looking at a site that has already made a mark for itself.
There are a lot of such sites that you can check to see as how to proceed with web hosting services, however, a leader’s site can be considered among the very best. You can start your website based on the contents that you will find there, as those sites can certainly serve you as a benchmark. There are sites that are in business for quite some time and have really increased their reputation by performing above the standards set by their competitors. That’s exactly what you should be doing in order to stand in this industry of web hosting.
You can observe as what the plans are and how they are offered to different users? You will find that there are certain patterns on which these plans are based, so, you must understand them to become able to compete with these big names. Another thing that you will see at those websites is about the diversification of the services.
For instance, there won’t be a site that would only be offering one kind of website hosting, rather, you will find that there are a lot of other services that include windows hosting, Linux hosting and email hosting, as well. So, you should be able to follow the trend and try to provide as many hosting services as you can easily handle. Variety of services is something that is essential to become a leader in the business and it will also make you to stand in the limelight.
Another quite evident thing at those sites is the way they provide the support to their customers. So, it is another point that you need to tackle as you must provide the support to your customers for 24 hours. You must be able to respond even if they contact you at eleventh hour. Special offers on your packages may also help you to expand your business, so, pay a good attention to it.
Suffice is to say that the big companies are in business due to their planning and top quality strategies, if you want to carve a place for you, follow them to outsmart those names.
* What is a patent?
A patent is a grant that gives a person the authority to stop others from manufacturing, selling, using, or importing their patented invention. This authority is effective for twenty years from the patent application filing date. It is a contract between a person and the state in which he or she is permitted to exercise a restricted monopoly in exchange for allowing the invention to be made public.
Patent rights are territorial; that is, the patent granted in the United States does not give a person rights outside the country. This is also the case on patents granted to inventions in the United Kingdom, Australia, and other countries.
* How do I finance my invention?
In case you do not have personal finance resources but absolutely have the determinationto get your invention on the market, the best thing that you can do is to turn your invention into a commercial product.
You also have the option to ask for financial assistance from the federal government through the United States’ National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) or Department of Energy (DOE) if your invention is related to power generation or other energy-related issues.
* Are there grants available to help with inventions?
Yes, there are grants given to aid the development of certain inventions. There are non-profit organizations that are composed of wealthy individuals, families, and corporations. These people are giving cash grants every year to help develop inventions, although part of this “help” is to shield these people and businesses from taxes.
* Is there other financing available to market my invention?
Yes, there are other financing and assistance programs available that will help you market your invention. These include tax incentives and individuals who have large investments in private companies.
These individuals finance the invention to develop it further and make it competitive not only in the United States but also in the international community by means of international invention events that take place every year.
* How do I find out if somebody has already the same idea for an invention?
You can have a patent check to determine if your idea already exists. It is done by searching all the existing patents listed in the Patent Office’s database to see if your invention is already patented. It also includes searching printed materials such as catalogs, magazines, and articles. Since patent lists are now computerized, the search can now be performed by the click of a mouse.
* Do I need a patent for an invention?
Yes, you should patent your invention. It is looked upon from different viewpoints, but is briefly described in the following items.
– Patenting an invention is a one of the best ways of marketing it. It gives you legal grounds for establishing a monopoly for the manufacturing, production, and marketing of the invention under free market conditions.
– Without patent protection, others can copy your idea at no cost and sell the product at a cheaper price, thus generating income without asking for your permission. Also, they can patent your invention under their name. In other words, they can effectively steal the idea from you.
– A patent also ensures you of market position and occupying new markets.
– A patent is considered your “trademark” — that you actually invented a device. It can be a way of recording your name in the history of technology, especially if it is now introduced in the market..
|abstract, business, designers, fact, finance, free, give, hosting, idea, information, invention, inventions, market, offer, offering, patent, people, searchers, services, site, sites, united, visitors, web, web hosting|