Automotive Air Conditioners The American Car Auction 7 Mesh Motorcycle Jackets 6 Tips For Saving Gas
It’s August, the car is jammed with kids and luggage, and you’re finally on your way to the cottage. Suddenly you realize that your car’s air conditioning system is on the fritz, and your family vacation really starts to heat up.
Automotive air conditioning systems were first introduced in 1940 to address customer demands for relief from unbearable heat.These systems use refrigerant to cool the air and remove the heat from the car’s passenger compartment. Air conditioning also cleans the air that enters the car, and removes excess moisture as it dehumidifies the air.
There are three basic components to any automotive air conditioner system:
1. Compressor–Considered the heart of the air conditioning system, the compressor transfers and compresses refrigerant gas to let the heat out of the car.
2. Condenser–removes heat from the refrigerant and cools down the high-pressure gasses.
3. Evaporator–Acts as the heater core of the air conditioning system. The evaporator removes the heat from inside the car. The refrigerant then condenses the air and transforms it into water.
Cars manufactured in 1995 or later have been equipped with R-134A air conditioning system. These ozone-friendly units do not contain CFCs, are nontoxic and nonflammable.
Prior to 1995, automotive air conditioners came with R-12 refrigerant, most commonly Freon. During that time, a car owner experiencing air conditioner problems needed only to visit a local retailer to purchase a recharge kit. With a can of Freon and basic knowledge, the average driver could easily repair his or her own air conditioning system. When studies confirmed that R-12 systems were contributing to the damaged ozone layer, many countries including the United States banned their manufacture.
The most common complaint about automotive air conditioners, particularly R-134 systems, is the odor that permeates from the A/C vents. Mechanics and car manufacturers have concluded that accumulated bacteria and fungus in the evaporator core likely cause the odor. Because the air conditioning system is loaded with moisture, it attracts microbes. The solution offered by automakers is to make the blower motor effective in drying out the evaporator after the A/C system is turned off. General Motors introduced this breakthrough, called Electronic Evaporator Dryer.
This solution might offer relief to some car owners, but not to all. Installing this system can cost hundred of dollars. As a result, many car owners have resorted to finding alternative methods of fighting the odor. Using antibacterial chemicals such as Lysol can be an effective short-term solution. Keeping a can of Lysol handy can go along way for your odorous air problem. Just spay the Lysol inside the car, and in the air intake once a week, for temporary relief from the problem. Another way to help eliminate the odor is to shut off the A/C unit at least one mile before reaching your destination. This will allow enough time for the evaporator to dry out, essentially doing away with the moisture and microbes that cause odor. This can be the easiest and least expensive method in combating the issue.
Caring For Your A/C System
* To keep working efficiently, your automotive air conditioner must be recharged from time to time, depending on how often it is are used. Consult your mechanic or your owner’s manual for information about system recharges.
* Call your mechanic if you see water leaking from the A/C system’s condenser, as this can affect the refrigerant. Have the system repaired before refilling it.
* Replacing the filter once every three months will also help to maintain the performance of your automotive air conditioning system. This is where dust builds up when the A/C system is running.
* Setting the gauge at one specific temperature will also help it perform well. If you constantly switch from one temperature to another, your system will have trouble adjusting accordingly.
Automotive air conditioners can be a driver’s best friend, whether you’re traveling across town or from coast to coast. Keep your A/C unit well maintained, and keep your cool on the road.
Every year the need for cars is constantly growing. World wide, more and more people take driving lessons and buy cars. This shows that today’s people really need the cars. But unfortunately for us, or at least for some of us, cars are also pretty expensive. That’s why not all people can afford such an investment. Luckily enough though, there are other ways of buying cheaper cars.
Such a way is the car auction. The car auction is at the moment one of the most profitable businesses in the car industry. This type of auctioning has become more and more popular and is now practiced in almost every country around the world, attracting more and more customers.
One of the most reliable and profitable car auction system is the American car auction. This auction, the American car auction, probably has the biggest number of clients and the largest variety of models and types of vehicles. Due to the large distances between cities or different parts of the country, the Americans have to travel a lot, that’s why they all need cars. And the American car auctions is the right place to buy them.
American Cars Auction
Some of the most desired car auctions in America and not only there, are the American cars auctions. At this kind of events there are being sold only American vehicle models. We all know that the American cars are some of the most reliable and endurable vehicles. They are designed to satisfy the needs of the American people. Therefor, they should be capable of traveling long distances through all kinds of terrain and landscapes.
Tips when Buying from an American Car Auction
When participating at an American car auction, and at any other kind of auctions, the first thing you should do is to find your dream car. And after you’ve spot it, you should follow all the other steps that are required before obtaining it. You should look very carefully and analyze all the aspects and all the little details, because you want to find the car that suits you best.
Furthermore, you want to find the car that is also in the best shape. That’s why it is always recommended to bring your own mechanic to the car auctions. Usually, the American car auctions have mechanics that inspect the vehicles before selling them. However, you can never know for sure. You should always try to take your precautions.
Motorcycle jackets are an important part of a rider’s attire. They protect them against bad weather, minimize injuries in case of a fall and give them a smart look. Before selecting a mesh motorcycle jacket you need to look at their important features. Some of the important features of popular mesh motorcycle jacket brands are:
1. AGV SPORT AEROMESH JACKET: This jacket comes with a polyester mesh exterior and an open weave netting inside for better ventilation. It has high-density exterior padding on the shoulder, elbow and back to provide protection in case of a fall. Two compression straps on each arm, rubber-coated snap closures at the cuffs and a waistband with straps on each side make it a very comfortable wear.
2. FIELDSHEER MACH 1 JACKET: This jacket has a lightweight, thin polyester mesh on the outside and removable armor at the elbows, shoulders and back. There is additional foam between armor and shell that provides extra protection. There is also a zip-out, insulated liner for chillier moments. The jacket has two exterior pockets and a single pouch inside for storage.
3. FIRSTGEAR MESHTEX JACKET: This ultralight jacket has a mesh nylon shell and a removable EVA shoulder and elbow armor that is perforated. It has soft, perforated lining, adjustable sleeve cuffs and hook-and-loop waist tabs.
4. JOE ROCKET PHOENIX 2.0 JACKET: This jacket with a polyester mesh shell covering comes with removable dual density armor in the shoulders, elbows and back. It has an inner liner with large weave that encourages direct airflow and an unpadded low collar. The waistband is adjustable and has two hook-and-loop straps.
5. OLYMPIA SPORTS AIRGLIDE MESH TECH JACKET: This jacket is made of medium-weave mesh fibers with 500-denier Cordura nylon panels. It has a cool mesh interior lining, a neoprene neck insert, two chest and torso pockets and an interior zip pocket. The jacket can be connected to the pant by an eight-inch connecting zipper. The elbow and shoulder armor is injection-molded and can be removed.
6. REX MARSEE FULL FLOW MESH JACKET: The shoulder, elbows and waist of this jacket are made of heavy-duty 1050-denier Cordura. It has a shimmery outside shell that adds to night time safety and a removable body armor. It also has a lower back/tailbone pad for extra protection.
7. TEKNIC SUPERVENT JACKET: This jacket has an outer shell made of reinforced mesh and a soft, perforated inner mesh lining. The Teknic/Knox armor in the shoulders, elbows and back is removable.
In the past months we have seen the price of gasoline soar higher than ever before, and this can be hard on people who have a budget that is tight. Even though gas prices have come down a slight bit, you still will want to do everything you possibly can to save on the money you have to pay out for gas. There are a variety of ways that you can save gas, and save money.
Tip#1 – Start Carpooling
Carpooling is a great idea for fellow students and fellow employees both. If you can find people that are going to the same place you are you can save gas by riding together. It may be a good idea to trade off on who is driving from week to week so no one person gets stuck having to drive all the time. If you have to take your children to school or other functions you can also work on trading off with your friends and neighbors to take them there.
Tip#2 – Public Transportation
If it is possible you can take public transportation to work instead of driving your car. Not only will this save you money on gas, but you will also be able to relax and not worry about having to drive through all that rush hour traffic. You may even be able to fit in a quick nap on your way to work or on your way home.
Tip#3 – Price Shop
Often it may be so convenient to buy your gas at the small gas station just up the road, but to save some money on gas you may want to check the prices at other gas stations that are nearby as well. Even if the difference is only a few cents, after putting hundreds of gallons of gas in you vehicle each year, those few cents are going to add up to quite a sum of money.
Tip#4 – Get Moving
You can save some money on gas if you start walking to where you are going, or you can ride a bike as well. You will not have to worry about paying to park your car, and the exercise will be great for you body. If you are walking or biking you will not have to worry about those huge traffic jams either.
Tip#5 – Take Care of Your Car
It is always important to take care of your car so it gets the best gas mileage possible. Also be sure to plan where you are going before you go so you will not have to backtrack and waste gas. If you can, you should use your air conditioning as little as possible because using it takes more gas. Roll down your windows and you will use less gas.
Tip#6 – Check your Tires
It is important that you check the air pressure in your tires as often as possible. If your tires are too low, or the pressure in them is unequal it can make your car burn more gas. You should also be careful how you drive. If you take off from every red light very fast you are going to burn more fuel, so it is best to take off a little slower.
These are a few tips that can help the money conscious person to save money on gas. Even as gas prices drop, these tips can still help you to save more money. Conservation is important, so take advantage of these tips, save money, and save gas..
|air, american, armor, auction, auctions, automotive, car, cars, check, conditioning, elbows, exterior, find, gas, heat, jacket, mesh, money, people, prices, refrigerant, removable, save, shoulder, system, tip, trucks suvs|