Thousands of marketers have realized the incredible profit-generating benefits of Squidoo. The time to capitalize on this relatively new Web 2.0 marketing opportunity is definitely now.As Squidoo’s popularity continues to grow, the availability of niche keyword lens titles will diminish. As of this writing, there are still highly profitable niche keywords available to use as niche lens titles.
If your desire is to make a profit with your Squidoo lenses, there are several important steps you need to implement to ensure success.
1. Perform serious keyword research for your lens. This must be your first step. The keywords in the title of your Squidoo lens are just as important as the title of any website. Use a good keyword tool such as Overture or even Good Keywords to search for keywords that are searched between 2000 and 50,000 times per month. Although Squidoo is doing quite well in the search engines, I wouldn’t be over-zealous and use keywords that are searched for over 50,000 times per month. Squidoo allows you to submit up to 20 tags, so you should use all 20 tags and be sure to use 3-4 keyword phrases to make up each keyword. They seem to work better with Squidoo.
2. Provide useful content on your Squidoo lenses such as articles and product reviews. This will increase your lenses’ popularity with consumers and with the search engines. Also, don’t flood your lens with lots of affiliate links as this could be viewed as spamming by the Squidoo staff and may get your lens deleted. One to three affiliate links is plenty. You will also need to use at least three additional modules. I recommend using the Ebay, Amazon and RSS modules. RSS feeds will provide fresh content to your lens which is always appealing to the search engines. Be sure the RSS feed you use is relative and updated often.
3. Find quality incoming links to your Squidoo lens. This is very important to your rankings in the search engines. The sites which link to your Squidoo lens should have a page rank of 4 or higher. Incoming links that work well with Squidoo are social bookmarking sites, classified ad sites like Craigslist and social networking sites like YouTube and MySpace. Be sure to follow these websites’ guidelines. It’s also a good idea to place a link to your Squidoo site on your blog.
Link building is very pain staking process because it consumes lot of time and also see the results only gradually. During the past few years webmaster exchanged mails to other webmaster to gain inbound links to their website which is
commonly called “Link Exchange” during the year 2005 many link farms, link directories and building and selling link website and companies popped up just to carter this sector. Since search engines still value these links like MSN
which gives importance to anchor text links pointing to any website in their algorithm. But after some of the major update of Google in 2005 and especially the Jagger update which was done in 3 phrases over a period of 40 days made
webmasters and SEO experts to give a second through about reciprocal linking.
Reciprocal linking was a method to artificially increase the link popularity of the website and gain search engine ranking. However after Google Jagger 3 update webmaster and website promotion experts learned that their website was
dropped to a few hundreds of pages in the search engine results. What happened was Google discounted or gave no value to those kinds of links build artificially by webmaster to gain link popularity. Besides website which has high quality
inbound links replaced those ranking which was previously enjoyed by other websites. Inbound links doesn’t mean just links pointing to the website; it should be from authority website and should be seen as natural by search engine
spiders. Any kind of artificial method to gain inbound links will be identified by these spider bots and there will be a drop in those particular website ranking.
The important tips and techniques to be used in future link building for 2006 are as follows.
1) Reciprocal link – Before I go further I would like to tell you that reciprocal linking is not dead. For example if you run a website on pets supplies and linking to a dog grooming website it is definitely take in to consideration by search
engine, since it adds value and information for the visitor to these websites.
2) Directories links – A link from Dmoz and yahoo directory is still considered as gold by Google and eventually your website will be included in Google directory is you are listed in Dmoz. Directory submission is not bad idea but if you run
a website related to real estate and submitting to non related directory it is not given value and will be discounted. The quality of the link matters rather than number of links. So try to get links from your Niche areas and directories.
3) Be a Content provider:- This is pretty tough but worth the effort that means give people a reason to link to your website. The reasons could be if you provide information to relate to our niche area on your site. I mean unique content and
where webmaster can’t find these kinds of information and it will be useful to reader in your niche area. Create an article section in your own website, so definitely you will get requests from other webmasters to link to your site.
4) Think out of the box to get links: – Send testimonials for products and services which you have used and ask a link pointing to your website. Conduct interviews with professionals in your niche area.
5) Press release:- Submitting a press release related to new services, features or products which you are launching will have drastic effect to gain links and popularity to your website. Submitting press release is fast catching up with
webmasters. There are many publishers and subscribers looking for latest news and content. So by submitting a press release you gain a wide publicity.
6) Submitting articles.- This is a form of viral marketing or like a virus because you articles submitted to article banks and ezine publishers will be picked by hungry webmaster and publisher looking for free reprint content. Imagine this
article which i have written might be picked up in newsletters and online publishers which in turn gain me a free inbound link.
So the bottom line is try to gain maximum inbound links from authority sites and your niche related website. This will definitely make your link building for the year 2006 a better experience and see your website visibility and popularity gain
Do you have a website but having a hard time generating traffic? Don’t you wish you could just sit back and let someone else do the promoting for you? Well you can! And they’ll do it for you for FREE. That’s right, we’re not talking about paid advertising here. What we’re talking about works better than paid advertising and doesn’t cost you a thing! We’re talking about article submissions.
Submitting an article to an article directory is a great way of generating traffic for your website, whether you’re just starting out or just trying to increase the traffic to your site. All you have to do is write an article that would be useful to your prospects, and put a resource box at the end of the article with a link to your website. A resource box is just a small statement about yourself with a link to your site for them to find out more information. Then you submit it to a few article directories. That’s it. Other people take over from this point.
So what exactly happens when you post articles on an article directory? Well your article gets posted on their website. A lot of other website owners check these article directories for articles they can use as content for their website or newsletter. But when they use your article, they agree to not change the article and to leave YOUR resource box on it. They advertise your website for you! You don’t have to do anything.
I can hear you now, this all sounds great but I’m not that great at writing. Well you don’t have to be! You’re not trying to sell a novel here. All you are doing is writing something that you think would be useful for someone else to know. As long as it is helpful I’m sure there will be plenty of people who WANT to read it. And the more you write, the better your writing is going to get. So don’t sit around procrastinating because you don’t feel you can write good enough. Just do it. You’ll get better.
This looks good but is it really better than paid advertising? I would say yes and there are several reasons for this. First of all it is FREE. Second, it’s viral. Take a look at this scenario. If you post an article on a couple article directories and only 10 people decide to use it in their newsletter. Each of these people has 2,000 people on their list. This advertises your site to 20,000 people. Now imagine if 100 people used your article or if they had 20,000 people each on their list. This stuff is powerful. Third, it establishes you as an expert in that field. People will trust you more and will be more willing to by your product if you’ve already given them useful information. Forth, after you’ve written a lot of article you can compile them into your own ebook and give it away for free (with links to your site of course) or sell it. Paid advertising doesn’t even compare to this. Don’t waste any more time. Start writing articles now!
Current info about Ad Space is not always the easiest thing to locate. Fortunately, this report includes the latest Ad Space info available.
1. Give your customers a discount when they spend over a certain dollar amount for ad space. You can also apply this tip to the amount of ads they buy.
2. Offer your customers a free bonus for renewing their ad order. It could be an ebook, special report, online utility, etc.
3. Sell advertising space between your content. You just break an article in half and insert the banner or classified ad between it.
4. Write content that’s tailor made to mention and relate to the product your customers are advertising. This is more work but, you’ll sell a lot of ads. Is everything making sense so far? If not, I’m sure that with just a little more reading, all the facts will fall into place.
5. Tell your customers when they buy an ad you’ll also add it to your free ebook and message board for free.
6. Offer to endorse the product your customers are advertising before or after their ad. In all honesty, you would have try out the product first.
7. Write a review for your customer’s product to place under their ad. This is similar to a testimonial or endorsement but more in-depth.
8. Offer a buy 2 ads and get 1 free deal. With the slow economy and advertising sales, most businesses are bound to be looking for a good ad deal.
9. Give your customers a ton of free bonuses when they buy ad space. It can be submission software, an ebook full of advertising or copywriting tips, etc.
10. Guarantee your customer’s advertising results. If they don’t like the traffic they receive, give them a refund or another ad for free.
Internet marketing may have developed a rapid surge for the past few years. As more internet based businesses are being established, you need to develop new marketing skills and knowledge to keep up with the competition and to cope with the changing in Internet business world.
The demand for Internet marketing tips and techniques have grown significantly and new strategies of online marketing has been born, one of them is Opt-in email marketing, also known as permission marketing. Believe it or not, this technique can spread the word about your sites subsistence in a very cost free and effective way.
Opt-in marketing requires the permission of customer before you are allowed to send or promote any marketing materials, usually in newsletters form delivered via e-mail. The more targeted opt-in marketing mail is sent, the more chances there is to generate sales and more sales. To do this, you must build a list of all those who are interested in your niche and wants to subscribe to your opt-in marketing list.
From your list, you will get your targeted customer, this is a good list since they already have shown interest in what you have to show and sell since they have willingly signed in for your list. These are the people who have liked what they have seen in your site and have decided they want to see more and maybe even purchase what ever product or service your site has to offer.
Many people would think that building their lists would take hard work and a lot of time to build and collect names and addresses. This is not so, it takes a bit of patience and some strategies but in doing this list, you open your site and your business to a whole new world of target market. Take the effort to take your business to a new level, if traffic increase and good profits are what you want, an opt-in list will do wonders for your business venture.
There are many sources and articles in the internet available for everyone to read and follow in building a list. Sometimes they may be confusing because there are so many and there different ways. Different groups of people would have different approaches in building an opt-in list, but no matter how diverse many methods are, there are always some crucial things to do to build your list. Here are four of them.
1) Put up a good web form in your site that immediately follows the end of your content. While some may say this is too soon to subscribe for a website visitors application, try to remember that your homepage should provide a quick good impression. If somehow a website visitor finds something that he or she doesn’t like and turns them off, they may just forget about signing up.
A good web form for subscribing to an opt-in list is not hard to do. Just write a simple short statement about how they would like to see more and get updated about the site. Then there should be an area where they could put in their names and e-mail address. This web form will automatically save and send you the data’s inputted. As more people sign in, your list will be growing.
2) As mentioned in the first tip, make your homepage very, very impressive. You need to have well written articles and descriptions of your site. Depending on what your site is all about, you need to capture your website visitor’s fancy. Make your site useful and very easy to use. Do not expect everyone to be tech savvy. Invest in having good programming in your site, make your graphics beautiful but don’t over do it.
Don’t waste your time making the homepage too overly large megabyte wise. Not all people have dedicated T1 connections, the faster your site gets loaded, the better. Go for a look that borders between simplicity and sophisticated knowledge.
3) Provide good service and products. A return customer is more likely to bring in more business. Even then and now, a satisfied customer will recommend a business always. Word of mouth and recommendations alone can rake in more business than an expensive ad. As your clientele roster grows so shall your list. With more members on the list, the more people will get to know about what you have new to offer.
4) Keep a clean and private list. Never lose the trust your customers have entrusted you. If you provide e-mails to others and they get spammed, many will probably unsubscribe to you. Remember, a good reputation will drive in more traffic and subscribers as well as strengthen the loyalty of your customers..
|ad, advertising, article, business, buy, customers, engines, free, gain, good, inbound, internet marketing, keyword, keywords, lens, link, links, list, marketing, opt-in, paid, people, product, search, site, space, squidoo, webmaster, website, writing|