Pushing Traffic From Content Sites To Sales Sites Five Proven Methods For Internet Marketing Success Organic Link Building And Link Building Service Providers Three Easy Lessons To Take Your Online Marketing To The Next Level
One of the most effective methods of getting traffic to a sales page is very well-known within Adsense circles (used to send traffic to Adwords advertisers through the Adsense program), but not as well known for traffic generation directly to sales letters.
That method is the content site. There are literally thousands of people making a living online by simply creating content sites, placing Google Adsense code on those content sites and collecting a check from Google every month.
There are literally thousands of others who have sales pages selling products and services who have never created a content site and pay for their traffic through the Google Adwords program. Much of that traffic is coming from those who are creating the content sites and placing Google Adsense code on their pages.
Isn’t that interesting? If you have a sales page selling a product or service; how much could you save by cutting Google out of the loop? A lot! If you have been creating content sites and depending on Google for a paycheck, how much more could you earn if you sent that traffic to a site selling an information product of your own? A lot!
There is even more money to be gained with this strategy then you might first imagine. At first, you might be tempted to think that the only money being left on the table is the money going to Google for providing the Adwords and Adsense programs. Nothing could be further from the truth. If that was the only money involved, then the percentages that Google keeps are very small… their service is well worth that price.
But it’s not! That money is only the start. Let’s consider the following facts to see that we can actually earn a multiple of whatever you are currently earning from your Adsense check or from your product site if you cut Google out of the loop.
1. The Adsense algorithm isn’t perfect. It often shows ads that aren’t very relevant. If you cut Google out of the loop, you can make your content site to sales page site traffic 100% relevant 100% of the time.
2. Adsense publishers often only get 0.5%-15% click through rates on any Adsense ad due to a number of factors. The method I will show you in this article will deliver 25% of the hotest buyers from your content site to your traffic site continually.
3. Adsense is currently a negative ranking factor on all three major search engines (see RankingFactors.com for more information on that). That means that by running Adsense on your content sites, they are slowly losing search engine traffic month after month. By removing the Adsense and sending that traffic directly to a product site, you will retain your search engine traffic.
4. Many have reported getting banned by the Google Adsense program. You came to the Internet to make money because you wanted more control and freedom over your life. By getting a large percentage of your income from a single company (Google), you are sabotaging your efforts. You are at the mercy of Google just like you were/are at the mercy of any employer.
5. If you are selling a product using Adwords traffic, you also are at the mercy of Google and bidding wars. You must continually improve your conversion ratio or the ongoing bidding wars will eventually eat up your profit. Google (or Overture or any other bid PPC system) is slowly allowing your competitors to either receive more traffic while you receive less… or causing you to pay them more and more of your profit every month as you are forced to raise your bids to continue to receive traffic.
Wouldn’tyou rather generate your own traffic and not be held hostage to bidding wars?
So we are agreed that you want to cut Google out of the loop whether you are a content site creator or the seller of a product or service; right? How?
Well, first of all you will nead to learn the skills of the other side. They aren’t difficult whichever side of the fence you are on. If you are a content site creator, you can pick up InfoProdCreation.com and have your own product 35 hours from now with 5 hours of work. If you are a seller of a product or service, you already have the skills to create content sites. Just write articles instead of sales pages and give information instead of trying to sell. Make it a multi-page site instead of a single page sales letter.
And I’m about to give you the secret to traffic delivery from a content site to a traffic site. It’s very simple. Create a home page with only the following elements:
1. A very short 2 paragraph, 3-5 sentence description o your product or service (no selling here).
2. A large (size 6) link that says either “Enter Site” or “Enter Here”. This link leads to your product site.
3. Three smaller links (size 2) on a single line below the above link that lead to the rest of your content site. They can say “Widget Articles”, “Widget Reviews”, “Widget Forum” or whatever types of content you have on your content site… about widgets in this case.
You will find that about 50% of the traffic on a content site eventually ends up at the home page. You will find that about 50% of those that end up at the home page will choose to click the “Enter Site” or “Enter Here” link. You will find that those 25% of the content site visitors (50% of 50%) will be fairly pre-qualified to read your offer. In many, many split tests, this traffic has out-performed Google Adwords traffic.
Have fun and please leave a comment and let me know how much more money you are making with this strategy. I would love to hear from you.
There are hundreds of ways that you can promote your online business or website, some more effective than others. These five proven methods will help you to generate traffic to your site and also to generate income into your wallet.
1. One thing that appeals to everyone is “free.” If it is free people will take it. Think of the samples of cheese given away at grocery stores. Do you really
want a small piece of cheese? Of course not! But you take it simply because it is free and someone is nice enough to offer it to you. The same principle applies
with information or services offered from your website. You can send out free newsletters or offer a free trail period. One popular thing that is being given away now are free credit reports or free PC scans. These freebies are what we in the marketing field like to call teasers. After running the free credit report or PC scan we alert the customer if there is something found on their credit record or PC and then offer to show them what it is or repair the problem for a price. This can be an effective way to get information to your potential customers, create sales or to generate traffic to your site.
2. Your website contains information about a service or product that you are very knowledgeable about. You can use this knowledge to generate traffic to your site by writing articles in your area of expertise and having them published in an ezine or an article information site. The most effective way to use these
articles is to write them for free and ask in return that the publisher allow you to include a byline. A byline is a very short summary of the author, their credentials and their website. Your byline is a way that readers will come to know you as an expert on the topic and will in turn come to trust your site as a
source of credible information.
3. Some search engines will allow a website to purchase their ranking. This is an excellent Internet marketing technique in that it is effective and inexpensive. In the pay-per-click programs, website are only billed for those who actually visit the page, unlike banner ads which may be seen by millions but only used by a few. When using the pay-per-click program you are asked to choose keywords and when those are entered your site will appear and if the surfer chooses to view your site, you are billed for that click. Many pay-per-click programs will offer other benefits as well, such as updated lists of commonly used keywords.
4. You should remember that others are in the same boat as you. You can choose to network with those who have similar marketing ideas. When networking you will be able to share links and refer customers to each other. You should always be very cautious when choosing a networking partner as everything that you recommend is a reflection of yourself or your product
and therefore, you should be certain that your networking partner is a reputable source of
5. Simply because your website is online, doesn’t mean that all your advertising should be. Advertise in newspapers, TV, the radio or you can even send out a press release to get your information to thousands of people all over the country.
With the emergence of Search Engine Intelligence factor, building links has become a more complex process. The Search Engines detect any kind of inorganic growth of links pointing to a particular website and penalize it. The most important factor for link building is that the links need to grow organically, need to come from diverse C-class IP addresses, should come from a website which is thematically related. Considering the intelligence factor of SEs (search engines), hiring a professional for link building is of utmost importance. Most of the people who look at various avenues to find a cheap link building company or individual are unaware of the harm that can be caused by intermediates in the field.
There is also a debate among experts regarding 1-way, 3-way and reciprocal links. While most believe that only reciprocal links should be exercised, 1-way link building can be extremely helpful to support a website’s SEO process. The best sources for such links are syndicated press releases, PR articles, Blog entries, Forum discussion threads and also Web Directories. Organic link building should be looked upon as a continuous process and not an event as said by an expert. Link building services are provided by millions of individuals and companies and choosing one is a real task. The expertise level of your link building service provider is the most important factor to be considered more than any other. A good link building service will take your website beyond your expectations in terms of traffic generation, SERPs, PR value and above all revenue!!
One needs to consider simply – Is it worth saving a few dollars to put the business at stake ? While most fall into the intermediate services trap, all cheap services are not valueless. The charges will also depend on the country of your link building service provider. Link building companies from low-cost countries can give you high-quality work at much lower rates compared to companies in USA, UK, Australia etc. Surprisingly many of the so-called SEO companies outsource most of their work to low-cost country based service providers.
For more information on improvement of your site, kindly contact the author.
The common thread? These experiences reinforced several lessons that will help you succeed in attracting the right kinds of clients. Here are ideas and resources to help you take action:
Lesson 1: Be yourself when you market. This is particularly true if you offer a really complex or academic service (like the scientists I mentioned) where it’s natural to cite lots of references and sources. Instead of getting caught up in stiff or unnatural language that stands between you and the audience you’re trying to connect with, just be yourself. I see a lot of people struggle with this when it comes to writing “copy” for their website, an e-newsletter or sales letter.
In the wise words of my new friend, Fred Gleeck (online marketing genius and co-host of this past weekend’s Subscription Website Publishers Association Conference https://www.coolwebtips.com “Just write the truth. The truth as you see and feel it. People will then feel more comfortable about the copy you write. They may not be able to put their finger on it, but it will be more believable and it will increase sales. Forget the hype and “slightly” untruthful copy. Adopt a writing style that makes sure that what you say and what is ACTUALLY true are in complete harmony.” To tap more of Fred’s wisdom, visit him at https://www.coolwebtips.com 2: If you don’t have one, start an e-newsletter TODAY! The key to successful online marketing comes down to one thing: a basic, opt-in e-newsletter. Why? Because you’re invited to “touch” your readers regularly with small samples of your thinking. In turn, you invite them to check out more resources on your website. It becomes easy for them to spread the word about you. It’s a way to get new contacts from your offline networking into your online marketing system.
A really good e-newsletter, written in your natural voice (see Lesson 1) is the engine that drives your marketing machine. Don’t let excuses like “my website’s not ready” and “we don’t have our editorial calendar planned out” stop you. The point is to start connecting with your target audience at least monthly to build the relationship. My favorite resource for how-to is Debbie Weil at www.wordbiz.com. Debbie will get you up and running in no time.
Lesson 3: Nobody cares about you…and here’s what to do about it. According to PR expert Paul Hartunian (https://www.coolwebtips.com nobody cares if you’ve just released the greatest new service, gotten promoted, hired new staff or spoken at another conference. What they do care about is how you can rock their world. If you start your marketing message with, “We are pleased to announce…,” you’re dead in the water.
What you need to do is: 1) use a basic template to write press releases that work (Paul has ‘em); 2) torture the media by telling them what problems you solve, but not how you solve them (they’ll have to call you to find out); 3) develop a simple 3-page media kit for quick follow up (your 1-page press release, a 1-page “so what?” bio, and a 1-page FAQ sheet). The other hot thing that the press likes these days is online media rooms. This is a dedicated place on your website where they can, in one or two easy downloads, check you out and get what they need to write a story about you. An easy way to do this is via the Media Room product at www.dvcotechnology.com.
The 3 easy steps to improve your online marketing efforts?
Step 1: Be yourself when you market.
Step 2: Start an e-newsletter (monthly, at a minimum).
Step 3: Remember that nobody cares about you (only how you can rock their world)..
|adsense, building, companies, content, e-newsletter, easy, effective, factor, free, generate, google, information, internet marketing, lesson, link, links, marketing, media, money, offer, online, product, service, site, traffic, website|