Indoor Plants How They Help Us At Home And Work Adjustable Beds The Right Choice Improving A Home S First Impression Drill Buying Considerations Transform You Home With An Indoor Water Fountain
An idea that’s being planted in more and more offices, senior centers and homes is one that may surprise many people: namely, the benefits of indoor plants. Simply put, being close to plants reduces stress.
Research has shown that heart rate, blood pressure and skin conductivity all benefit from the presence of plants and that people in planted offices recover from stress more quickly than those in unplanted offices.
The effect is likely to be most significant in situations where the tasks being performed are repetitive or not requiring high levels of concentration.
Studies in the U.S. also show that by reducing stress and improving attentiveness, plants can improve workplace productivity.
A number of studies also show that plants can reduce the incidence of minor health complaints in the working environment. For example, in one Norwegian study, after plants were installed in the trial offices, staff complaints about:
• Fatigue were reduced by 30 percent
• Headaches were reduced by 25 percent
• Dry throats were reduced by 30 percent
• Coughing were reduced by 40 percent
• Skin irritation were reduced by 25 percent.
Plants are also believed to have such a dramatic effect because they both improve indoor air quality and people’s perception of the building.
Today, horticultural therapy blooms as a profession and a practice. The American Horticultural Therapy Association reports that “horticultural therapy is not only an emerging profession; it is a time-proven practice.” Nurturing and caring for plants is a highly interactive and satisfying experience for people of any age, particularly for seniors.
As a way of giving back to the senior community while shining a spotlight on the healing benefits of taking care of plants, Initial Tropical Plants, the largest provider of interior landscaping and design installation to businesses in the nation, created the Grassroots Senior Healing program. The company donates plants, containers and talented horticultural employees to volunteer at low-income senior citizen centers and demonstrate the healing benefits of tending to interior plants.
Interestingly, planted buildings also have less airborne dust than unplanted ones. The effect is mainly due to increased humidity and static electricity. That’s because plants are slightly negatively charged compared with their surroundings and so will attract positively charged dust particles, reducing the number in the air and on surrounding surfaces.
To make the right choice while buying an adjustable bed, one needs to be vigilant. Being aware of what the market has to offer is an added advantage. The adjustable beds, although expensive, provide a number of benefits and are worth the investment.
If you do not want to invest too much for a bed, then you can purchase a second-hand adjustable bed at a lower cost. This will also be an economical option. You can browse through websites to get second hand beds. Even cheap adjustable beds have style and can serve the purpose.
Adjustable Beds : Essential Features
Some essential features must be taken into consideration during the purchase of an adjustable bed. Checking the base of the bed is very important. It is the base that has the adjustable feature so proper working of its motor is necessary. The adjustable beds of reputed lenders would assure you sealed and maintenance-free motors. This will enable your adjustable bed to be hassle-free and to have long life.
Purchasing the Adjustable Beds
While making the purchase of an adjustable bed, do not make a rash decision. Think over all the options and take time to understand them. Check whether the bed has the option of movement and find out how it works. Technical help cannot be received at all times so knowing all about these beds before buying them is best for you.
Look at the cost factor as well. The retail price, shipping charges, handling costs etc. all have to be taken into consideration before buying the bed. The vast information available about the adjustable beds in the market, and on the internet, will make it easier for you to purchase one.
Looking up all the features while buying an adjustable bed will enable you to buy one with a long and hassle-free life. It will give you comfort and relieve all the stress after hard day’s work and, most importantly, it will wake you up to a better tomorrow. Go right away and get an adjustable bed for you if you do not have one!
Realtors say a large percentage of home buyers make decisions about homes before they even walk in the front door. Those decisions are usually based on the initial impression a buyer gets at first sight of a house and yard.
As you might imagine, improving a home’s first impression is an important step in getting top value for your house. Fortunately, simple steps can help. Start by standing across the street and viewing your home with an objective eye. Does it need a paint job? Is the front yard overgrown? Is the roof showing wear? And don’t overlook cosmetic or structural details like the railing around your porch or deck.
Simple upgrades in these types of details can make a world of difference. If your railings need a bit of work, consider installing low-maintenance materials that give a clean finished look. CertainTeed’s Panorama Composite Railing System features the look of freshly painted wood with the durability of a composite, yet requires virtually no maintenance.
The railing is fully wrapped with white polyvinyl chloride (PVC) for a weatherable, colonial white finish that’s impervious to decay and insects. The stylish system also features concealed hardware for a seamless, bracket-free look. Its core is made from a composite formula of PVC and recycled maple wood flour. The affordable exterior upgrade is long-lasting, and because it complements composite, vinyl, wood or concrete surfaces, it can be a quick way to make a great first impression.
The strong weather-resistant system is backed by a 10-year limited warranty to ensure years of beauty.
1) With Cord or Without?
This is the first important decision to make. There are several advantages and disadvantages to each type of drill:
– Cordless drills tend to be more convenient to use. They can easily be used in any location without the need of power cords and power outlets; so long as the battery stays charged. The significant advantage of corded drills is that there is no limitation on how long they can be used. With a corded drill, you will never find yourself waiting for batteries to charge.
– While it may sounds strange, cordless drills tend to be lighter than corded drills. But, if you choose a high-power cordless drill (18V and 24V), these models are often as heavy or heavier than their corded counterparts.
– Cordless drills are safer. There is no cord acting as a trip hazard.
– If torque and long run times are needed, a corded drill will perform better. Although there are many high-power models available for cordless drills, corded drills will always be able to supply more power, and they will be able to supply it for a longer period of time.
– Even the best batteries have a finite lifetime. You should expect that the batteries in your cordless drill will only last two to three years at most. Batteries for cordless drills are very costly to purchase; it’s usually cheaper to just buy a new cordless drill than it is to purchase two new batteries. So if you are purchasing a cordless drill, expect to be buying a new drill in several years time. By comparison, if you choose a corded drill you are set for at least 10 years, if not more.
– If you are going to opt for a cordless drill, be sure to get a cordless drill with Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) batteries; do not buy a drill with Nickel-Metal-Hydride (NiMH) batteries. Li-Ion batteries are better; they are more powerful, they have longer lifetimes, they do not have “memory” issues, and they are less harmful to the environment because they contain less harmful metal elements.
2) Pick a Chuck
The chuck is the part of the drill that holds the bits in place. There are two picks to make here: size and type.
Standard chuck sizes are 1/4″, 3/8″, and 1/2″ with the standard size being 3/8″. If you want the ability to use large diameter drill bits, go with the 1/2″ chuck since many bigger bits will not fit in a 3/8″ drill. If you do not need or want the ability to accommodate larger bits, the 3/8″ chuck is a better option since typically they have higher bit speeds with the smaller chuck sizes.
There are two types of chucks: keyed and keyless. With the keyed chuck, you use a mechanical key to tighten and loosen drill bits. For drills with keyless chucks, the drill bit is tightened into the chuck by holding the chuck with your hand while powering the drill. The mechanical advantage of the keyed chuck makes it able to hold bits tighter so there is less chance of your drill bit slipping in the chuck. The advantage of the keyless chuck is that it is much quicker to change drill bits, and there is no key to lose or keep track of.
3) Important Features
To get the most benefits out of your new drill, be sure that it has these important features:
– Reverse. Even if you don’t plan to use your drill for driving screws, reverse is a very important feature to have for removing bits that get stuck. If you are getting a drill that has a keyless chuck, it will always have reverse (otherwise there would be know way to get the drill bit out), you only need to check for the presence of this feature if you are buying a drill with a keyed chuck.
– Variable speed. If you want to use your drill to drive screws, this is essential. If you don’t plan to drive screws, this is still an important feature as it makes it much easier to drill clean holes since different materials require bit speeds.
– Speed range settings. This is only needed if you plan to drive screws. If you are, this feature is critical to have. Having the lower speed range makes it much easier to drive screws.
– A torque clutch. Again, this is only required if you plane to drive screws. The clutch allows you to set a maximum torque point after which the drill will stop. This is extremely useful when driving screws so that you do not over-drive the screw into the material. If you are driving large amounts of screws (like in decking), this feature is a real life-saver.
Few accessories can transform your home as magically as indoor fountains. Not only do they create a mobile work of art in your home but they also pleasure your senses with the sound of running water and infuse your atmosphere with energizing negative ions.
Imagine returning home to a house that sings to the sound of running water like a gentle stream. Or resonates to the crash of surf. The air is fresh, cool and energizing. Your stress fades away and your mood lifts. Not only is your house beautiful but it radiates a glorious sense of nature. If this sounds appealing, you can transform your home into such a special place with an indoor water fountain. Easy and cheap to set-up and maintain, indoor fountains also offer a host of benefits.
First, nothing creates a more relaxing ambience than the sound of running water. The mere sound transports you to a serene place such as a waterfall or the seashore. What’s more the sound of rainfall for example lulls your mind into alpha mode – the state of relaxation. So with indoor fountains, you can create the perfect space to unplug and detach yourself from your everyday stressful world or practice yoga or meditation. They’re also magic if you suffer from insomnia. The gentle sounds of water falling will soon send you off to sleep. That’s also perfect if you’ve got young children who have trouble sleeping. What’s more, the cascades of indoor fountains also create a white-noise effect which masks any disturbing sounds from outside.
Not only do indoor fountains work magic on the ears, they’re a feast for the eyes too. For one thing, they bring the freshness of nature into your home. Generally, only natural materials are use such as marble slate, ceramic, stones, or various woods such as bamboo. Indoor fountains can be of several types. They can be wall mounted. Or you can choose table or floor fountains depending on your space and preferences. And the range of design options is infinite. You can add plants and flowers to further create the feeling of nature in your own home. It’s like having your own indoor garden or sanctuary.
Another boon for indoor fountain owners is that they produce negative ions. These are tiny charged particles caused by the falling water.
They may be tiny but they have profound effects on your mind in the form of lifting the spirit. They work by boosting the oxygen flow to the brain. This results in elevated mood and mental energy. Just the thing for a gloomy winter’s day. In fact, researchers at Columbia University have proved that negative ions lift depression as effectively as anti-depressant medications. And unlike drugs, negative ions are completely safe. Negative ions also leach dust, smoke and allergens out of the environment. If you suffer from allergies, you can appreciate how important this is.
If you decide to go ahead and transform your home with a water fountain, make sure you buy from a specialist firm. They can educate you about the best type of fountain and arrangement for you. Plus they’ll have a full range of designs for you to choose from. So you’ll be able to customize your choice of materials and designs for example. The best firms provide a full service and even offer a return guarantee if you’re not delighted..
|adjustable, batteries, bed, beds, bits, buying, chuck, composite, consideration, cordless, drill, drills, features, fountains, home, home improvement, horticultural, house, impression, indoor, ions, negative, offices, people, percent, plants, purchase, railing, reduced, screws, senior, sound, system, water, wood|