99 Places Where You Need To Watch Out For Germs How To Make A Paper Bag Scrapbook What Would You Put In Your Gift Basket Give The Gift Of Relaxation This Father S Day Beds Buying Them The Simple Way What To Look For In Bespoke Mens Shirts
They’re lying in wait for you at the ATM machine and on your computer keyboard at work. Secretly, they attach themselves to your hands when you push a shopping cart at the store. The little pests will even attach themselves to your children’s hands when they romp on playground equipment.
They’re germs, and they’re lurking in more places than most people think, just waiting to be touched so they can hitch a ride on people’s hands.
“Most people think they have a good idea of where germs are, but I think they would be surprised to learn of the places or things where they can pick up germs that may make them sick,” said Dr. Charles Gerba, Environmental Microbiology professor at the University of Arizona.
Where the Germs Lurk
According to Dr. Gerba, many people know there are germs in bathrooms, but may not realize that the computer keyboard at work or the sponge in the kitchen can be even filthier than a toilet seat. From the workplace, the home and school to cars, trains and planes, germs are everywhere. Even during activities such as exercising, playing, shopping, going to the movies, attending sports events and commuting, people are coming in contact with germs and may not realize it.
A Simple Solution
Since many germs are spread by hand contact, practicing good hygiene every day is a solution to the problem. When soap and water aren’t available, using an instant hand sanitizer like Purell will do the job. This alcohol-based hand sanitizer kills 99.99% of the most common germs that may cause illness.
A list of “99 Places Where Germs are Likely to Lurk” includes:
At work-elevator buttons, phones, shared ink pens
At the gym-exercise machine handles, mats
When traveling-subway poles and handles, gas pump nozzles
At school-shared toys and books, cafeteria trays, playground equipment
At home-pet toys, light switches, thermostats
When shopping-escalator handrails, shopping basket handles.
Knowing where germs are and practicing good hand hygiene can help keep families healthy.
Paper bag scrapbooks are really popular now. Their small size makes them great for gift giving, for display on a coffee table, or even just as a “brag book”. They are made by using paper bags (you know the brown lunch kind) and are of a smaller size than the larger scrapbook albums, usually 5 x 5 inches. Since the paper bags are not acid free, it is important to only use copies of your photos. You can get duplicates made of your photos from your photo processing center or even make copies of photos on your home printer.
To get started you will need 3 paper lunch bags. You can use either the brown lunch bag kind or the white bags. I find mine in the regular grocery store aisles. For the cardstock backgrounds, you will need 3 sheets of 12 x 12 in a solid color and 3 sheets of 12 x 12 in coordinating colors. For securing the book together, you will need about 2 feet of ribbon. I use several different coordinating ribbons to add flair to the books. Finally, you will need whatever embellishments you choose such as stickers, brads, ribbons, tags, etc. to decorate the individual pages.
To begin, lay the 3 paper bags flat. Fold each bag in half so that it looks like a little “book”. Put the 3 folded books together so that you now have a 6-page book. Hole punch 5 holes in the left side of the “book” (near the fold) . Then, to secure the book together use the ribbons and tie a small bow through each hole.
Once the book has been put together, you are ready for the next step. Cut the background cardstock pieces into 5 x 5 shapes and adhere them to each page of the album. Leave the ends of the paper bag open, as you can use that area as additional storage space for photos, tags, and other special items. Embellish each page as you choose with special stickers, photos, journal entries, brads,tags, etc.
Enjoy your completed paper bag scrapbook!
There are many occasions when a gift basket is a present that will be cherished and appreciated, even though it is not something people often think of.
For many, the occasion that most brings to mind baskets is Easter. Easter baskets are generally full of eggs – either real hens’ eggs or chocolate eggs – and are sometimes accompanied by a bunch of Easter flowers. Taking your Easter eggs out from their cardboard packaging and putting them in a basket instead is a nice, traditional way to celebrate the Easter festival.
Christmas is the other big time of year for baskets, and this time they are full of rich Christmas foods, such as Christmas pudding and cake. If you make or buy a Christmas basket, be careful not to overdo it – the food is so rich that if you fill the basket right up, you might not even manage to eat all the food before it expires!
Harvest season is another big time for baskets, as they can be filled with fruit and veg that you’ve grown yourself and presented to your friends and neighbours as presents. It’s a fun way to make friends with the whole town.
Anniversaries and birthdays can be nicely celebrated with more personal baskets, such as baskets full of wine or flowers. A florist will be able to choose nice flowers to put in a basket for you, and some wine comes pre-delivered in gift baskets anyway – you could even mix the two.
Another thing to try is to package completely normal presents in baskets, just as you would with a gift box or wrapping paper. This way the recipient gets a basket as an extra present, and will be surprised that whatever’s in the basket isn’t what a basket usually contains – it could be a great surprise to take the DVD box-set your girlfriend’s been wanting and put it in a basket!
Incoming search terms:things to put in a gift basket for girlfriend
Selecting a memorable Father’s Day gift for dad can be a challenge. But this year, you can be sure that his special day will be an unqualified success if you give him one of the most thoughtful gifts of all – a day of pampering and relaxation.
The following gift ideas from Tempur-Pedic, a manufacturer and distributor of Swedish mattresses and pillows, will help your dad keep stress at bay.
* Get hands on. Show dad what mom has been raving about all of these years and give him a gift certificate to a day spa. A massage is the perfect way to ease the tension that he’s built up after those hard days at the office. A facial or a pedicure can be both rejuvenating and relaxing as well.
* Oriental therapy. Chinese stress balls, also known as harmony balls, have provided relief from stress since the Ming Dynasty and are great gifts for dads. They’re known to relieve arthritis pain and help with carpal tunnel syndrome while calming the mind and diminishing anxiety.
* Tune in to his mind. Opera and classical music have a way of calming the senses. For a gift that’s sure to soothe, give dad a CD set of classical favorites.
* Treat him to tee. Believe it or not, spending time out on the green is a relaxing experience for many men. Golf lessons can be a great gift to help him improve his swing and focus on something other than work for a change.
* The ultimate haven of tranquility. Buy him a gift you know he’ll use, like a new pillow for a good night’s rest. The ComfortPillow by Tempur-Pedic, for example, is made from revolutionary Tempur pressure-relieving material, which provides body-conforming support for a restful and relaxing sleep.
What’s interesting about Tempur material is that it conforms to your body’s exact contours. When dad lies down on the pillow, pressure is distributed evenly over the entire surface, leaving him with the comfort he desires and the support he needs for a rejuvenating and therapeutic sleep. After use, the pillow returns to its original shape. This dependable gift comes with a three-year limited warranty.
For decent bed advice a site that is managed by somebody like a bed manufacturer will certainly be perfect, Some of the many interior design newsgroups and blogs may also be wonderful resources for discovering good quality bed tips and info, these type of places might easily answer some thoroughly precise questions concerning items such as wood and iron beds or wrought iron headboards.
This bed search tip is especially valuable, instead of simply using a research term like “beds “, you should make use of a more particular search engine phrase such as”queen and kingsize beds” or “modern headboard makers”, in doing this your results are going to be highly targeted to your specific bed needs.
You should also be aware that bed specialists and other people who might often work with or have some involvement with beds can easily be discovered via the regional telephone books, there will be no shortage of individuals who are in some way linked with the subject of beds and they can save you a sizable amount of your valuable time by helping you with your bed related queries.
The bed experts will be capable offering you a lot of prime niche assistance on matters such as obtaining the best deals on metal frame twin beds and how to get the proper product guarantee whenever getting a bed, their bed expertise will surely help you get the best item for your needs.
A whole host of bed related searches might possibly have led you to a bed or interior design associated portal, searches such as “find heavy duty bed frames” or “guides on adjustable orthopedic beds”, the real trick with any bedding portal is to go immediately to the site menu, if you do this you should not be side tracked due to bed guides that are not connected to the home furnishing item you need.
Now if you should need advice on antique bed platforms it will often be better to use a bed site in order to initiate contact with a bed expert, by doing this you will obviously be able to get a modest amount of bed information for free.
It might very well be you purchase a wood loft bed and a little later find that the bed merchant you got it from did not supply the goods at the lowest price, to be certain that this never comes about some other time make sure you carry out an online price review or check a reasonable variety of bed merchants first, it may be a king iron bed is being sold for a certain price on one internet store however is being marketed for thirty five percent lower on another, some great deals can be found if you look around.
particular beds might not turn out to be that easy to come across, lets imagine you are wishing to buy loft bunk beds it might be that you might have to purchase your items directly from a bed manufacturer, even the top websites may not always solve every bed purchasers requirements however a large number of home furnishing products can be acquired by some means.
Bespoke shirt tailoring is undergoing a surge of popularity in the UK as more men realise there are options beyond designer labels. Bespoke tailoring gives the opportunity to specify every aspect of how a shirt is cut, and allows the wearer to experience the feel and look of a perfectly fitted shirt. The following is a guide on what features you should expect from a quality bespoke made mens shirt.
Obviously, the main benefit of a bespoke shirt is that it fits the wearer perfectly; after all, the shirt has been made specifically for the wearer. Signs that a shirt is fitted well are:
* A bespoke mens shirt should not feel tight or appear baggy across the shoulders, chest, stomach, or seat. The cut of the shirt should follow the contours of the body, without being too close or restrictive a fit. A fabric allowance of about 6 inches on the chest body measurement, 5 inches on the stomach measurement, and 6 inches on the seat measurement should give good results with average body dimensions, although these allowances are variable depending on the wearer’s build.
* The sleeves of the shirt should be long enough so that the cuffs do not move up the arm when the arms are raised above the head. Similarly, they should not be so long that when the arms are hanging by the side of the body, there is a significant excess of fabric on the sleeves near to the cuffs.
* The collar of the shirt should leave enough space to insert your thumb comfortably between the collar and the neck when buttoned, and should not feel tight or hang loose around the neck.
* The length of the shirt should be long enough so that the tails hang just below the seat when worn. This will ensure that the shirt does not become untucked during use.
* The cuffs of a bespoke mens shirt should be just too tight to slip over the hand when buttoned. It should be necessary to undo the cuffs when putting on the shirt.
Aside from the fit of the shirt, there are a number of other important features to keep an eye out for:
* Fabrics – A bespoke mens shirt should only ever be constructed from pure cotton fabric. Cotton affords the wearer far greater comfort than man made fibres, and give a classic Jermyn Street look and feel to a shirt. The count of the fabric should be as high as possible – the higher the count, the finer the fabric. Popular fabric weaves include poplin (a plain weave and the classic English shirting), twill (a heavier, diagonal weave), fils-a-fils (a tiny graph paper check that appears to be solid colour from a distance), and oxford (generally, the heaviest weave).
* Collars – The collar should be hand made, and can be either fused or unfused. A well fused collar will give a smooth look with no puckering, and should use cotton interfacing materials. Collars should have removable bones to keep the shape of the wings perfectly straight when inserted.
* Stitching – All stitching throughout the shirt should be single-needle stitching. This technique is more time-consuming than commercial methods, but gives strong seams that are significantly more pucker-resistant.
* Pattern matching – When using striped or patterned fabrics, pattern matching should occur wherever possible.
* Sleeve plackets – Where the sleeves meet the cuffs, traditional packets should be used. Highest quality shirts do not provide placket buttons as these are uneccessary in a well formed placket.
* Split yoke – To ensure a perfect fit across the shoulders, a split (4 piece) yoke should be used.
* Buttons – These should be cross-stitched onto the shirt by hand to ensure that they do not become loose over time.
* Tails – The tails of the shirt should be rounded and strengthened by a gusset.
Please visit www.curtisanddyer.co.uk for more information on mens shirts..
|bag, bags, basket, baskets, bed, beds, bespoke, book, christmas, collar, cuffs, dad, day, easter, eggs, fabric, flowers, germs, gift, give, good, hand, handles, hands, home family, iron, mens, paper, people, photos, pillow, places, price, related, relaxing, ribbons, shirt, site, stress, tags, valuable, wearer|