No Fret Family Budget Tips On Saving Money During The Holidays Tips On How To Teach Your Kids To Save Money Tips On How To Save Effectively In Banks Save So You Can Bank On A Bright Future
For some, the idea of a budget is often a blur. It is frustrating to see how hard it is to do a budget and realizing that with one wrong purchase, you can actually ruin the entire thing. And this has been a perennial headache for most homemakers.
It is about time to overhaul the way people look at budgeting. It can actually be a great way to keep track of your family’s expenditures and help you evaluate the things that you spend the lion’s share of the family’s earnings on.
What is a budget? A budget is a tool for handling your finances by controlling the family’s expenditures in a way that money is enough for paying up bills, and still ensuring that savings are set aside for future expenses – vacations, or children’s education, or even for retirement.
Try these simple steps in preparing a no fret family budget, and see the benefits of intelligent spending.
1. Gather three months of your pay stubs and get your average monthly earnings.
2. Get out three months of your monthly bills. Do this for the fixed expenses like the rent, phone bill, car payments and other loans that come monthly. Add them up and get the average. Do the same for other expenses like groceries, and credit card bills.
3. Evaluate the results of your computations. Looking at your average monthly earnings against your monthly fixed expenses and other monthly expenses, think of some ways to economize. Cut back on some items that are somehow unnecessary.
4. Knowing the facts of your income and expenses, develop a family budget and try to stick to this monthly budget.
5. Now that you have a monthly budget, set up a savings account. Save up by making regular deposits to this account.
6. Keep track of this monthly family budget just to see if it is working for you. Try to fine-tune the “rough edges” of this budget as you go along.
7. If you can get hold of a personal budgeting software or spreadsheet application to keep record of your budget, the better. This will make organizing your expenses very easy.
These are the basic steps in developing and implementing a no fret, easy to stick to monthly family budget. Of course each family has diverse needs and wants. You have the freedom to develop your own monthly family budget, depending on your family’s financial background and needs. No matter how you do it, just focus on the end result, which is building a savings that leads to a bright and financially stable future for your family.
With the hype that holidays usually bring, people always have the tendency to buy more and spend more without taking into account the consequences that their actions can bring.
Hence, it does not necessarily mean that because it is the holidays you have all the reason in this world to buy whatever you want and spend how much you want. Some people contend that it’s just once a year, so better give what you have.
The problem is that giving something just for the spirit of the holidays does not mean you have to spend gold. You can still give something that will be deeply appreciated without having to spend more money.
1. Make a budget and stick to it
The problem with most people is that they find making a budget relatively easy but sticking to it is doubly hard. So what’s the point of making a budget when you do not know how to conform to what you have stated in there?
Making and using your budget should always go hand in hand. Therefore, when you make your budget this holiday season, it is best that you follow the things that are written in it so that you would be able to save more money.
2. Live within your means
Of course, everybody would want to give gifts because that is what the holiday season calls for. However, it does not necessarily mean that you have to spend more than what you can afford.
The trick to saving more money is to always live within your means. Spending more than what you can afford will definitely bring more problems than you can afford to solve.
3. Personalize it!
As they say, it is the thought that counts. Hence, there are no better ways to show how much you have thought of those people this holiday season than making personalized gifts.
4. Shop and compare
It really pays to shop around and doubly better when you compare prices. You will never know which items are better priced than the others are when you do not compare their values.
The point here is that you should not be confined to one shopping portal. Try to look for other items, usually in thrift stores and consignment shops, where you can find the best items at a lower price.
Indeed, shopping for the holidays can be fun, but you don’t have to be spendthrift. Nowadays, you really just have to be practical.
A lot of teens nowadays do not understand the value of earning and spending money. They were not oriented that investing is necessary even if they are still students. As parents, you play a crucial role in this area.
You should be able to teach your kids on how to save money. They should be able to understand the concept of money and investment as early as childhood. This will prepare them to learn money management, as they grow old.
Here are some tips on how you can teach your children how to save money:
1. Your children should be educated of the meaning of money. Once your children have learned how to count, that is the perfect time for you teach them the real meaning of money. You should be consistent and explain to them in simple ways and do this frequently so that they may be able to remember what you taught them.
2. Always explain to them the value of saving money. Make them understand its importance and how it will impact their life. It is important that you entertain questions from them about money and you should be able to answer them right away.
3. When giving them their allowances. You need to give them their allowances in denominations. Then you can encourage them that they should keep a certain bill for the future. You can motivate them to do this by telling them that the money can be saved and they can buy new pair of shoes or the toys they want once they are able to save.
4. You can also teach them to work for money. You can start this at your own home. You can pay them fifty cents to one dollar every time they clean their rooms, do the dishes or feed their pets. This concept of earning little money will make them think that money is something they have worked for and should be spent wisely.
5. You can teach them to save money by giving them piggy banks where they can put coins and wait until they get full. You can also open bank accounts for them and let them deposit money from their allowance. You should always show them how much they have earned to keep them motivated.
Money and saving is not something that is learned by children in one sitting. You should be patient in teaching them and relating the value of money in all of their activities. Children will learn this easily if you are patient and consistent in guiding them and encouraging them in this endeavor.
Many of us think that putting our money in the bank is a secure and wise way of saving. Yes, this is true if we are wise in dealing with banks. Banks are not charitable institutions, these are profit-driven entities which charge different kinds of fees and do all sorts of schemes to take away some of your money. The savings that you can get in being wise in making bank transactions can add up after some time and let you use your money where you want to.
Here are some tips on how to effectively save money in the bank:
Mind the Opportunity Cost
Think about the factors that are affecting your money in the bank. Are there fees that the bank is asking you to pay for keeping and using your own money? How much? Are they requiring a minimum balance for holding an account? You might be interested in other alternatives that are available out there, waiting for your investment. You should always factor in the opportunities that you are deprived of because you are putting your money in the bank. You might also be interested in taking a look into the terms of other banks. Probably the bank that can best suit your needs is out there waiting for you.
Always bear in mind to have your checkbooks balanced at the end of every month. Issuing bounced checks can cost you a lot. The average fee for issuing checks with insufficient funds is $20. If you are not aware of the problem, you can easily issue several bounced checks in a certain period of time and this is very costly indeed.
Tame the ATM Machines
The best practice in using ATM machines is to avoid using ATM machines of other banks. This way, you will save on ATM fees. However, it wouldn’t hurt if you also knew the ATM machines of other banks which do not charge fees.
With the advent of globalization, everything is becoming electronic. This is also true in the banking world and technology is quickly becoming a benchmark of competition. E-banking can save you some money from transportation costs and more importantly, it will save you time. The time you spend waiting at the bank can be used for some other productive activities.
Truly, putting your money in the bank is a wise way of saving money, but only if you are wise enough to prevent the bank from chipping away your wealth. In saving, it is not only the benefits such as annual returns which you should consider, you should always think about the costs involved in the process.
Have you reached the point when merely looking at your bank statements you get a headache already? You might find your records out of place. You might even find yourself lost as to your current status and accounts. However, this is not a point for you to simply fret.
Now, you have to take the matters to your own hand.
Saving money is an important matter. It is something that you have to do regularly to come up with a considerable amount. With the current trends of the economy and the widespread consumerism, it has to be part of your lifestyle as it is your way to ensure a brighter future.
Most people who really want to save would maintain a savings account in a bank rather than put it in a money box or under a pillow at home. Putting the money in the bank is really a prudent move. The money is in safekeeping. It is not within your immediate reach, thus it is not within your immediate disposal. It can even earn interest.
Banking Strategy for More Savings
This means organizing your finances. This is where you look at your status, plan ways to improve your standing and make terms work for your benefit.
Having a savings account is definitely a sure way of getting assistance in your pursuit to save. However, you must be doing the right thing. Your money must really stay there. You actually have to maintain a certain amount to earn interest with your account.
If you cannot keep yourself from withdrawing, hide your ATM card. This defeats your goal to save and too many withdrawals will incur you fees.
Should it prove difficult to keep your savings account balance intact, you can opt to long-term deposits. This is where a certificate of deposit is given to you in exchange of a certain amount of your money. You can get higher interest rate here, so your money can earn more. You are also not allowed to get back the money within a certain period or else you have to pay a fine. The fine should be deterrent enough to keep from spending.
Identify among the various banks out there. Consider the features they provide to clients. One bank will offer higher interest rates although you may feel more secure with another bank. Some also give special offers for a certain period. Simply know your options and study the information carefully before making a decision..
|account, amount, atm, average, bank, banks, bills, budget, children, expenses, family, fashion, holiday, holidays, interest, learn, making, meaning, money, monthly, people, save, savings, spend, teach, time, understand, wise|